size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
12-24-2020, 09:49 PM

Outlaw had hoped to get Grimshaw to join in the conversation and find something of interest in all he said.  The young dog had never considered someone might not know what an island was.  Having grown up on the island it sounded like being asked what grass was.  Oh well, maybe it was a strange thing to a pup that had never seen or heard of one?  It made sense now that he thought about it.

“An island is well,”  land surrounded by water of course Outlaw thought, but this land probably was also, right? It might just be a much longer path till he found more water.  How far, Outlaw had to wonder?  “You know around here you can find the ocean a bit to the east?  On the island, there was water on all sides.  It’s a smaller piece of land and no matter which end of it you’re on it's all water at its edges, far as you can see.  The ocean gets real deep too."  The depth of the ocean had been an impressive sight that triggered even more of Outlaw's imagination and surely others also would find it fascinating?  Of course it was more impressive to look at than just hear about. "So you can wade out in it a ways, and if your real clever like uncle Karnek you can even figure out how to go underwater and down a short bit.  Find funny things down there.  I can’t hold my breath all that long or swim down as well as he could though." Outlaw had only known a few dogs who had figured out how to actually go deeper under water.  Maybe someday he would figure it out.  When I went sailing I could see some of the fish just go straight down.  Their shadows would get smaller and smaller so it has to be super deep.  Sure couldn’t see a bottom from the raft I was floating on.

Yup, Outlaw could rattle on for ages if he was the only one talking.  However, if what the pup needed was someone to listen to and take his mind off the bad memories Outlaw could easily give him that.  The dog didn't know what was troubling Grimshaw but in Outlaw's way of thinking what was better than a good story? Well, maybe treasure hunting but maybe the story.  Both things were pretty fun.

Speech:"Life is but a game " Think

Unless noted you can assume Outlaw is wearing his hat.  
It's also likely there is a seagull somewhere nearby