size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
12-25-2020, 02:02 AM

With Rudyard's comment about Bandit being a good fighter, Artorias tore his gaze from the ocean to glance back over his shoulder at the little ornery critter lingering just by the tree line. He had to admit, it was very handy to have companions assisting with their strengths. Plus he was grateful to have someone to keep an eye on his little brother while he was busy doing his trainings. He glanced up into the sky to find Rudy's hawk as well, spotting her circling overhead and riding the coastal air drifts above their heads. Birds were so useful to have around, something he was quickly learning from Corbin. Although they had only known each other for a few days, something told Artorias that his friendship with the raven would prove invaluable further on down the line. Plus, it was a huge black raven following him and using him as a perch, how cool was that?! "That was a good thing you were able to help her," he agreed, smiling at Rudy. His brother had always had a large caring heart. Artorias was far more guarded with his feelings, but Rudy wore his heart on his sleeve. Sometimes the boy envied that about him.

"Okay, deal," Artorias said in response to Rudy offering to drop whatever he was doing to hang out. He appreciated Rudy's candid attitude toward their new responsibilities. It made him feel less guilty for being so focused on his studies and training knowing that Rudyard was also fully engaged in his own work. But no matter how busy the two brothers ever got in their lives, Artorias vowed he would always make time for Rudyard. He was his best friend, after all! "Always," he replied to Rudy without missing a beat. Surely they would always be the best of friends. That's what brothers were for, right? Artorias had been so wrapped up in his own thoughts that Rudy's nudge startled him a bit, the pup blinking in surprise and nearly missing his words. He laughed, then said with a smirk, "Even if we were the best swimmers in the world, I think that looks a little too far out. But y'know, Outlaw has that thing that floats on water. Maybe he can show us how to make one so we can find out for ourselves!" Of course, a puppy had no knowledge of the logistics required to sail the open ocean, but in his fanciful mind, Artorias could see himself and Rudyard sailing the seas to seek new lands and new wolves. Would they be wolves in other lands, or some other kinds of creatures entirely?

As if subconsciously sharing Rudy's thoughts, Artorias decided to take one bold step forward, then another, then another until all four of his paws where just being lapped at by the rippling waves as they collided with the shore. Behind them, He and She released a series of shrill whines, causing Artorias to turn back to them with a glare. "I'm not technically in the water, I'm still on the beach!" he snapped back, and a quick swoop past them by Corbin got the jackals to settle down, though they kept the dark-furred boy fixed with pointed stares. Artorias stuck his tongue out at them, then continued to walk just along the edge of the damp sand and water. Rudy's question perked his ears up, then made them fall flat to his head again while he tried to mask his sour feelings behind a mask of impassivity.

"Hmm, who? You mean Avantika, the new girl?" He had heard Rudy and Bowen call her Tika before, but it seemed much too much an intimate nickname for him to address her as such. He looked away from Rudy, keeping his eyes either down on his paws sinking into the sand or out over the shimmering water. "No, not really. She's kinda quiet and keeps to herself, just like the other boy... Grimshaw, I think is his name? How come?" Neither pup had made an effort to talk to him, but that was fine, since he hadn't exactly made an effort to reach out to them either. Artorias didn't exactly know how he felt about either child or how to process or voice what he was feeling. He was sure he'd have to talk to them sooner or later, but it still left a bitter taste in his mouth and dark thoughts in his head that he didn't like to discuss or dwell on.

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Corbin"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.