size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-25-2020, 02:47 AM

Rudy nodded confirming he had already known that of course, Art would agree with them being there for each other.  Art wasn’t a dreamer, he couldn’t see past what was in front of their eyes, and thus he couldn’t see beyond the impossibility of swimming far in the water.  Rudy believed anything could be done if one just figured out how to make it happen.  Then Art gave him the answer!  A thing that floats on water?  “Huh, I didn’t know that.” Rudy’s face scrunched up thoughtfully.  So if we were floating on the water we wouldn’t be in the water and not breaking mom’s rules then!”  Funny how the thoughts of ways around wolves dashed through his mind.  “We definitely need to find out more about that!”  

Rudy grinned as Art got out to where the water covered his paws and quickly followed suit with a laugh.  It was even great to hear Art be the one to tell them to shut up. “It’s not like this is some sudden deep pool we are going to fall into!” That said Rudy glanced down at how foamy water washed over his paws and how the sand was a different color in the water.  “Hey, Hey Art look at this!” Rudy nudged a crab with his paw watching how it skittered away deeper into the water.  “The shell had eyes and walked on its own!”  Rudy took a step closer to where it went and gave the jackals a scowl.  “My knee’s aren’t even touching the water!  I won’t go further.  Just wanted to see the walking shell.”

By this point, Bandit had made his way down.  The little devil hunched his back up and showed all his teeth at the jackals as he walked past in a wary and distrustful manner.  It was certainly a tense moment of pissed off jackals and threatening little devil, but it kept moving.  The little black creature walked out into the surf past the pups and right into the water that came in and then sucked up whatever got out far enough.  It was swimming!

“Art Art look! Bandit’s in the water!  He’s on top of it too!”  Rudy had his tail high wagging it appreciatively that his new companion could do that.  

Rudy was more than a bit surprised at his brother’s reaction in regards to Tika.  “She’s quiet cause she’s scared,” Rudy’s voice turned softer, eyes downcast as he moved up to where Art was.  “Something’s really wrong with her Art.  She’s terrified and it's not right.” Rudy gave his brother a quiet pleading look to not be so aloof on it.  “She really is nice if you get to know her, and so needy.  It’s like… like,” Rudy shook his head, “I think something really bad happened to her Art, while she wasn’t here.  I’m trying to help her, to make her know it's safe here.”

Rudy raised his head up taking on his more normal confident attitude, “anyway, she wants to learn how to fight and she needs to be around more friendly pups who can help her come out of her shell.” Art could probably see where this was going.  “I had to work with her just to get her confident enough to try and look intimidating and growl.  When I told her to lunge at me she closed her eyes while doing it!” A smirk looking at his brother, “Of course, I’m not as good of a fighter as someone I know.  I bet they could help with more detailed instruction.  I want to teach her confidence but I need someone else to teach her how to defend herself.  I bet that would help gain confidence.”

Rudy’s then sat, the surf washing over his rump and tail, “Art, we will lead this pack someday.” Back to the leading again, “and I know how I want this pack to be.  Outside has dangers you and I haven’t seen yet.  Some terrible things have to be out there.  I understand what moms talk about what our pack is for now.  She’s here because she needed us.  It’s our job to help her heal.  I have a picture in my mind of how the pack should look.  No one fearful is in it in my mind, so I have to make that happen here.” The words were firm, not directed at what Art needed to do know or his feelings about Tika, this was his own sort of vow of what he would do.

“Oh, yah Grimshaw’s a jerk.” There was no argument to that, “but it turns out his mom’s dead and he feels like it's his fault.  Still a jerk, but I guess it's enough to not feel like he should be thrown out.  He gets a chance to heal and learn to quit being a jerk.  If he doesn’t then I’ll put him in his place, if he does well, maybe we won’t think of him as sourly as both of us do.”  

Rudy had put a lot of thought into the big picture lately.  He had exhausted himself at times just from how hard he worked his brain instead of his body.  It had been important to him so there it was.  This was Rudyard's pack and he would not let there be any bad things in it.

"Rudyard"