gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-27-2020, 08:30 AM
Venom did not enjoy talking about her mother or her mistakes, but if she didn’t acknowledge them she really would be doomed to repeat them. She knew this was just as difficult on Azure as it was for her, but there was something special about fighting through beside him. Her Warlord had more insight than he realized, and silently Venom thanked him for being so gentle. Venom held her own bias against her mother, but after everything Deathbelle had ruled well until the moment she hadn’t.

The young Empress found Azure’s bright gaze as he pulled away slightly so they could look at each other. There was a comfort she could find there, as both of them proceeded with caution. Venom didn’t want to assume her mother’s feelings. She knew the love that she had shared with her father, but also Iolaire shortly after. She hated to see her mother and uncle together, maybe she had been blinded by that to see how they truly felt.

Azure continued softly, his promise to her reiterated. The most important thing was power, and holding tightly to strength and building the Empire. Nothing else mattered, not him, not her, not… not Hattori’s affection. Azure promised and Venom could feel the passion behind it. She could rely on him fully, no matter how much time he spent with her. ”Azure,” she whispered his name in thanks. No matter what happened between them Venom knew that she could rely on him. There was much turmoil between them, but there was also an unbreakable connection.

She leaned into him again as his gaze dropped and he returned to her question, it was much too direct for him to ignore and they needed to overcome the wedge that was between them. She listened, even if his words were hard to hear. Venom didn’t say anything as he spoke hesitantly, she could tell he chose his words carefully as she might. Despite his careful work she could hear the truth of his words, of the mask he was forced to wear with the girl, and how free he felt with her.

The tightness of her chest didn’t go away, and the nervous fluttering in her belly returned as he returned his eyes to her sunset gaze. Her own eyes were soft, and she felt privileged to be given such a deep look into his emotions. He’d bared his soul to her, and Venom would do the same no matter how difficult the task might be. By now, he knew that Hattori was close to her. He’d become an integral part of her life, and as their affection slowly grew Azure deserved the truth.

Holding his gaze was difficult, especially with what she had to say, but she’d keep contact to the best of her ability. ”My shinobi,” she started, taking his lead and omitting Hattori’s name. ”No one else has shown me their loyalty like he has while my leg has been broken. He’s become an extension of myself, and despite his cold exterior I can feel our affections growing. I rely on him more than anyone and Ashen would not be running as smoothly as it is without him.” She confessed softly, not knowing what Azure would say. He might have felt young in comparison to her, but in that moment she felt like a child. They were both struggling, but Venom took heart in that they were in the fight together.

”I.. I don’t know what to do.” She confessed to him, despite the difficulties it felt good to be honest with him. And even if it hurt she was glad he’d made the confession to her. ”How do we move forward better than our predecessors did?”
[Image: ven-sig.png]