ardent

This Christmas I'll Burn It To The Ground!

Pack Takeover

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverLegendarySnake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinner
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Ooh La LaScarredCritical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble Master
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-04-2021, 11:15 PM

He stood there in silence as he looked out over the territory. The wind lightly ruffled his fur, and he enjoyed the silence for the short time he had it before the first wolf of Winterfell arrived to break the silence. One ear cocked back as he heard her growls echoing through the ship and when she approached, he hardly looked her way. When he heard his uncle approach...he couldn't help the amused grin that dared play on his lips as he heard Acere's question. "I guess you'll have to wait and see," He mused out loud, though he knew his uncle wasn't stupid. He knew that Acere knew exactly what he was doing. When Yurei arrived though...he could smell the fear that came from her. He hadn't wanted to frighten her, but he felt like no matter what he did, she would always be afraid of him. He liked her. Whether as a friend or potentially something more, he wasn't sure. But because he always felt like he had to walk on eggshells around her, he had been hesitant to pursue anything more than the rare conversation with her. And as a result, his brother had beaten him to the punch. He felt bad...almost. He half turned his head, just barely getting her in his peripheral vision as he frowned. "Don't worry, Yurei." He said loud enough for her to hear.

It wasn't long before he smelled the familiar scent of anxiety and insecurity rolling across the ship like literal waves crashing against it. Ah...so Winter decided to show up after all? He would have thought maybe she would have been the first, but...that was perhaps giving her a little too much credit. "Ignis...you're challenging me for Winterfell? Why...?" He sighed as he turned his attention back to the scenery for a moment, though he ignored her question. The more he had time to think about it, he couldn't believe why his uncle had chosen her to replace him as the alpha. There were far more suitable candidates. He was sure he hadn't been the only one that had seen that. A few more arrived. And then he smelled his brother. Heard him approach though Ignis dared not turn to look him in the eye. "Don't do this," His brows knit together as he frowned. "Don't trust them." His mouth drew into a tighter, thinner line. He didn't say anything to his brother, though deep inside, part of him wanted to scream at him for help and guidance. For the comfort and understanding he so badly needed, but had been afraid to ask his uncle for. He hadn't known how to handle all the shit he'd been going through. Didn't know how to handle the immense feelings he had felt for Corvus and the rejection that followed after...he had been so confused that the demons that haunted their family had finally clawed their way into him...

Finally, after a few long moments and he was sure nobody else would be arriving did he address the crowd. "Thank you for coming on such short notice, everyone. I know this came as a surprise, and I'm sorry to have disturbed your idling." He said bluntly. Whatever they were doing probably wasn't all that important anyway. Winterfell had been far too quiet and content with living quietly, the only action it had seen was the action that Hjarrandi had thrown them into. He turned around, crimson gaze scanning the crowd as he saw mixed reactions. Some were angry about his little coup d'état, while some appeared indifferent. Curious. Anxious and confused perhaps. And others, like Yurei, appeared frightened about what was going on. Though hopefully...this would go more peacefully.

He turned his attention to Winter then, eyes locking on hers as he finally decided to answer. "If you haven't figured it out by now, you're a poor leader. My uncle was mistaken in passing the pack onto you, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there are far more capable wolves here. Since everyone else has grown too content with the way things have been. The only action we've seen was when Hjarrandi pushed us into it. I don't know about you, but I didn't sign up to just lay around and do nothing. Uncle, when you started this pack you did promise a place for us to grow and hone our skills. And yet, even then nobody has bothered to really try. While I am aware I ended up among the higher ranks recently and in a position to stir the others into training, I get the feeling everyone would still rather do their own thing." After all, how many actually took training seriously?

He returned his attention to his cousin then. "I thought perhaps giving you a chance would change things. That you'd be able to kick things into gear and get the pack more...ambitious. But not even you seem to want to do that. You walk around looking clueless, and despite Acere's offer to teach and train you, you refuse because you want to figure it out on your own. While I understand that desire, that's something that should have been done before the pack was passed to you. A pack requires leadership. Without leadership and structure, a pack cannot survive let alone function well together. But as it stands, I am now challenging you for the right to lead the pack." His gaze was steady on her for a moment before he addressed the rest of them.

"Some of you might consider me a traitor today." Did he care if they did? Not really. His gaze moved from wolf to wolf as he spoke. "But I assure you, I am only doing this so that the pack can strive for greater things. To help each and every one of you actually find your potential and to help push you to greater ambitions. Or are you so used to the status quo of things that you're content with the way things are? A slow, quiet life? I for one, am tired of sitting on my paws and just letting the days pass us by. I am not content with the soft life we've been living. To other packs, we might as well be invisible. To some, that may be considered a good thing. But again I ask, are you all just content with sitting in the shadows? Practically non-existent to the rest of the world?" He turned a critical eye to his uncle again, "Do you even know where we stand with our allies anymore? Abaven especially? Or are you okay with all of this too, old man?" He knew his uncle knew he was referring to the strained if not already non-existent relationship with Abaven after the raid against them. Though Ignis wondered himself if he still even cared about them...part of him did. But the other part? He wasn't sure anymore.

"So, cousin. Will you accept my challenge and defend your position? Or will you choose to walk away?" He asked, crimson gaze focused on her.

"Speech"

Art by Naiterion
Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.