gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
01-05-2021, 07:51 PM
(Thoughts Speech)

As Quinn looked out at the open divot in the ice, he had his attention snapped back to his brother and mate as they scolded him "Don't ever do that to us again!" they said, worried and relieved looks on their faces all at once. "I know, I'm sorry, I swear I won't let it happen again. I love you both too much, and no, I don't think I'm hurt, love." he spoke, leaning in and nuzzling them before he stepped back onto his rear left paw. He felt no pain, but decided to check it anyway, turning around and sniffing at it. There was no blood, and scraping it on the ground didn't feel odd, so it wasn't scratched, he sighed a small bit and turned to look at Eirnan, her words of wisdom flowing like music to his frantic mind and ears.

He started to nod in agreement, but then suddenly remembered the water he had heard flowing when he fell. "Wait, follow me." he said, motioning for them to follow as he turned and moved around the edge of the lake, towards the broken ice where he had fallen, searching for the sound again. However, he scowled as he walked, cursing himself in his own mind, using words as sharp to him as any claw or tooth or shard of ice: "It took one wrong move, and I had no idea if I was going to make it out alive, I almost left them without me, because I couldn't pay closer attention... I didn't keep my word that I would stay safe." He gritted his teeth and then turned to hug his love again. "I'm sorry, I will be more vigilant from now on." He then removed his neck from hers, and said, jokingly "Besides, I can't just leave you two alone, what would you do without me?" and he nuzzled them both, feeling the warmth of their cheeks against his, before turning and starting his search anew.

It didn't take long to find, and he smiled as he looked at the other Kearneys and said: "At least we won't be thirsty much longer." then dove his head in to start lapping at it, figuring it to be safe, but spitting in disgust as he tasted it. "Shit, nevermind. It's brackish. that explains why the ice formed above it, the water was just fresh enough for the sprays to freeze." He turned and looked at them, apologizing for his mistake once again, and then looked at his brother, saying: "Well, I guess it's time to let Eir lead the way, now."
Quinn Kearney

(Eirnan and Caedmon may join in on any thread that Quinn is in, since they are traveling in a group.)