Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Question me? All of your doubt feeds my desire.

Nox climbed the sand-dune that overlooked the beach and sparkling waters. The wind nipped a bit harsher today than it had been. Light paw steps struck the ground though the pace suggested she moved with purpose. Lupa asked where she was off to and she told him, explaining that unlike most instances, he could not join her because ‘bringing a strange man along for a visit would not bolster trust’. Though he grumbled and muttered a bit, he gave little in the way of resistance. Nox thought perhaps he understood why she needed to make the trip. In order to soothe a restless mind, one often needed to pick old scars. So, in order to soothe hers, she found an unlikely outlet: A mother and a litter of newly born pups.

Though they could not provide her with the one thing she desired… Nox thought their presence might bring her peace. Before setting out, she scoured the beach in an attempt to pick out a suitable gift, or rather a peace-offering. After aggressively throwing a majority of the carapaces back into the ocean, she finally found one worthwhile. A gust of wind-lashed deep into her side, all the way to the core. She hissed and craned her head away to shelter herself from it, careful not to drop the shiny trinket clamped between her jaws. After some time, she reached the incline that led up to the falls. While it was not especially steep, she was relieved to finally reach the top. The thunder of a waterfall signaled she neared her destination. Nox pushed through layers of vegetation until she found the hidden spot in question. However, before entering she gave a light-knock. “Hello?” She peered into the darkness, trying to make out whatever lay inside. “May I come in? I hope this is not a bad time.” Nox asked out of courtesy, intent to not make the same mistake twice.

I'm gonna make my own empire.

Thanks to Bird for the table help!
Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

[Image: g1hkYWI.png]

Laying down my past I scream.

This is not the end of me.

Time to bury it or me.

I can't take back who I've been but this is where I'll start again.