An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
01-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Things had not been simple for her after leaving her homeland, either. This world was entirely unlike the one she was used to, though the northern landscape was comforting in its similarities to where she'd been born. Here was where she had chosen to make her life and she'd have to get accustomed to it, even if it took Kiela her entire life. As a whole though this continent was still quite foreign to her, with wolves who were strangers to her in both language and culture. It was refreshing to come across even one who shared a single thing in common, even if it was something as minute as showing appreciation for the stars and the stories that they could tell. Kiela was pleased with her unexpected company tonight. Wolves were never a constant like the stars were - they came and went, lived and died without any rhyme or reason, but the stars remained. Though they moved positions in the sky, but they were always there if you looked hard enough, the same no matter where you went.

"I love these nights," Kiela sighed a bit wistfully as she tilted her nose higher to the sky. There was something particularly enchanting about seeing such a view, even in bits and pieces between the foliage overhead. "The only thing that I enjoy more is.. northern lights. So beautiful. You have seen?" The most beautiful night she'd ever seen had been one like this, the skies crisp and clear with a brilliant cascade of color dancing across the sky. Watching the colors dance over the landscape was something she was sure she'd never forget.

She nodded solemnly at Eirnan's words. "Yes, mine taught me the same." Her mother had been more spiritual than her father though both had been strong influences on her - her father had been the strong and silent type, while her mother had been more maternal and caring than Kiela ever expected to be. "They are a map, and a.. record of history too," she breathed quietly. More could be learned from the stars than from other wolves, sometimes, Kiela felt. She moved slightly to see the most important star, at least when it came to navigation, the northern star. "You know that one? Boahjenástir?" It always led back home, the Jarvela knew - and even in these new lands the same seemed to ring true.