Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-08-2021, 11:25 AM
Question me? All of your doubt feeds my desire.

There was much stuck between the pages of her mind. Some pages were entirely filled with the screaming verses of her life, and others left partially empty, never to be written. She was glad to abandon a few lesser-beloved chapters, but others weighed on her soul. The greatest weight that sat upon her chest was the loss of her children. Lovers were temporary, friends could be replaced, but family was something different entirely. She missed her daughters and fretted over her only son. He was more than capable, but she wondered if he had parted a moment too soon to truly learn everything she had to teach him. He had all the makings of a ruler, but many young Kings found themselves cut down in their prime due to ignorance.

The type of leader he was to become depended on her teachings. Nox had preached fair but firm leadership. The type that was kind to one’s people, loyal to one’s family, and ruthless with their enemies. He was never to beg or lash-out, think before acting, and maintain a neutral-outlook on conflict beyond his borders unless it suited a purpose. At the very least, she hoped he remembered ‘loyalty to one’s family’, which so far, he had neglected to fulfill. What could a mother do in that instance but let her child make their own decisions? Nox could only hope that she instilled those values in him before he experienced the consequences they bore.

Often she became entranced in her thoughts like that: Pulled into a sort of daydream where the world carried on, but she remained perfectly still. It was not until a sound interrupted her thoughts did she stir. Nox blinked rapidly and looked up to find a rather large gentleman trying to get her attention. Warm irises darted up, not so much startled but surprised to find him there. The voice certainly did not match its vessel. Deep baritones rippled throughout the woods though the words were not harsh but gentle in nature. Nox hesitated but then he mentioned something that she found rather enticing… “Tea?” She repeated, hoping that she heard him right. And even more intriguing than that... Did he say fire? The stranger proceeded to bend over and pick something up. Nox strained to see what the object was, watching it dangle from his jaws. She had seen objects like it before, but never really considered what they were used for.

Whatever the case, she hopped to her paws and followed him through the woods. Admittedly, it had occurred to her then that it could be a trap. If that were the case, she hoped at-least the tea was real. “Thank you for the kind offer.” She remarked catching up to him. Her eyes darted over the metal piece he carried. She assumed it was likely an ‘old-ones’ creation because she had not known any other species to be capable of such craftmanship.  “But I must ask, what is that object you are holding? And did you mention fire?” She appeared rather surprised at the prospect. However, after speaking, Nox retracted as though she made a mistake. "Forgive me, these lands, locals, and customs are all very new to me." Nox explained, waiting patiently for answers if any at all, seeing as his mouth was already occupied.

I'm gonna make my own empire.

Thanks to Bird for the table help!
Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

[Image: g1hkYWI.png]

Laying down my past I scream.

This is not the end of me.

Time to bury it or me.

I can't take back who I've been but this is where I'll start again.