Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-08-2021, 06:35 PM
Question me? All of your doubt feeds my desire.

Nox kept a watchful gaze over the stranger, not because she appeared dangerous, but because she simply couldn’t look away. However, she did notice the sudden movements her companion made. It was not often he found himself taken off-guard, which likely contributed to his shock. Nox would not blame him, he was simply looking out for her. Regardless, the monarch extended a leg and gave him a soft kick to encourage him to settle. There was no need to create tension. While the beauty was quite larger than either of them, Nox didn’t see a killer in those duel-shaded irises. Speaking of which, it seemed they took as much an interest in her as she did them. It only heightened her curiosity as to who the lovely flower was. Thankfully, there was a name to follow, although it was a mouthful.  Lorikeet Flame Aracari… Quite the exotic title. It would have passed as a stage-name.  Nox had half the mind to ask if she performed: Would that have been rude?

Either way, she was more than happy to stick with a nickname, formalities often made conversing uncomfortable.  “A pleasure, lovely Keetie.” Nox felt those eyes slither across her skin. She was not new to the attention, but it had been some time. It was a relief to know she still looked the part after everything that happened. “Nox Nightingale and this…” Nox elegantly gestured to her companion. “Is my dear friend, though I am sure he will want to introduce himself.” He seemed to be staring just as hard as she was, but perhaps for different reasons because his eyes had a soft almost pained sheen to them. Nox thought to ask him if he were alright, but not in front of the newcomer.

Compliments were often the easiest way to a narcissist's heart, but Keetie did not appear to be as selfish. Nox felt a twinge of warmth as she was granted a compliment. Whatever the case, she never hesitated to give praise when it was due. Nox knew something rare when she laid her eyes on it and she would certainly let it know. “Perhaps, but I take no shame in admitting you are the real show-stopper, darling.” Like a lazuli glistening in the moonlight, she presented herself for the world to see. Some might have found that behavior irritating but she found it delightful. Arrogance never looked very good on men, especially if their personality lacked flavor, but she could admire a confident woman.

An invitation was given to touch, and she wasn’t about to decline. Nox extended an arm, gently running her claws over the luminescent strands. The texture was attuned to silk, but a closer look revealed the density was thicker than that. Up-close the fur shimmered in mesmerizing ways when the light hit it. “You’ve a believer out of me.” Nox remarked, admiring the texture and color a bit longer before retracting her paw. “I certainly would love to know what galaxy you emerged from.” Were these lands home to any more bizarre and beautiful creatures? Or had she simply fallen from the skies like some sort of sentient shooting-star? The idea was romantic but unlikely to be a possibility. “Come alive? I admit I am very curious as to what you mean by that.” They had not noticed anything out of the ordinary so far, but perhaps that was because she’d been too depressed to notice. “So, what brings you to the sea-side? Did the ocean-view entice you or perhaps the promise of something shiny hiding in the sand?” Nox leaned back, crossed her paws, and fashioned a coy smile. Amber eyes darted to the patch of sand before them, not-so-subtly inviting their enticing guest for a conversation. Had Nox not wanted a conversation before? Well… she would make an exception.

I'm gonna make my own empire.

Thanks to Bird for the table help!
Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

[Image: g1hkYWI.png]

Laying down my past I scream.

This is not the end of me.

Time to bury it or me.

I can't take back who I've been but this is where I'll start again.