gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
01-11-2021, 10:43 AM

starlight, starbright

She found herself puzzled by the things she had already encountered since reaching this land, and she truthfully did not know what to make with most of it. The weather seemed harsher than what she was used to, something she had never thought would cross her mind moving south. There had been an entire lake frozen over thick, as if it were a glacier rather than a body of water. It had puzzled her entirely. She found herself gazing back up at the stars in that moment, finding all of the familiar constellations. She found the northern star, her light to guide her home. She found the different constellations that depending on the seasons had different direction to them, some not appearing at all.

She smiled softly at Kiela’s words. “I do too.” She confessed her truth. She loved being able to look at the clouds. Navigation by stars was her favorite way to travel, but she did not do it often because she was not a nocturnal being. It always left her feeling groggy and irritated the next day. She spoke of the northern lights and Eirnan was eagerly nodding. “They shone across my homeland. They’re simply stunning, as if a force had put them there so we could admire their beauty.” She agreed eagerly, yearning for that sight once more. Perhaps one day she and her companions could move back up north and experience them once more.

Perhaps those lights would travel, and whatever forces existed that controlled the fates and the universe would bless her with the sight from this new land that she now wandered. She could only hope for such a thing.

She nodded almost approvingly to learn the other woman had learned the same. She pointed to the northern star, though she called it something foreign off the tongue. “Aye, though Boahjenástir is not what my family had called it.” She added. “My parents called it πολικός αστέρι.” It was her guiding light, even now with travelling south. With the star visible, she could always find her way. “And those ones, the νότιοςσ ταυρός.” She stated, motioning with her maw towards the southern cross, the constellation Crux, that could guide her as well.

"Eirnan"

As her travelling companions. Quinn and/or Caedmon may enter any of Eirnan's threads regardless of whether or not they are private.