gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Halloween 2020 - Haunted House
01-15-2021, 01:30 AM

The lump in her throat seemed to grow as he spoke. This was happening now. Some part of her had thought maybe he would take a few days to get back up, or deal with things here in the pack, but she was smart enough to know deep down that of course he had meant now. She hadn’t been here for very long last time before she was captured again, and it was clear that she was in danger as long as Enno and Kyros lived. She would sleep better knowing they were dead, and one less thing she had to worry about, but still the thought of seeing either of them again twisted her stomach.

She nodded, turning slowly to venture back out, this time seeking the very men she had struggled to escape from twice before. This time was different. She had someone on her side, someone who wanted to help her, and would protect her. She took a deep breath, steadying herself, and began to retrace her steps. He would be tracking her most likely, unless he had switched his focus to their brother, but she doubted that. Mikko had been a breath away from death last time she saw Enno, and it he had likely assumed the other Xanthos was dead.

After a while, she caught his scent. Painfully familiar and enough to make it feel as though a rock had appeared in her gut. "There." She spoke softly, nodding to the right where a narrow trail led to the spoke she had previously been sntached. "That’s where he waited for me last time." It was far enough from the borders that she hadn’t realized he was lying in wait last time, but close enough that he would be able to keep tabs on her if she strayed too far again.

"Speech."