gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Halloween 2020 - Haunted House
01-15-2021, 05:32 PM

She could see it in his eyes that memories of the place he came from didn’t bring back any negative feelings. It didn’t seem like he had fled from some terrible place, just a place he liked, but didn’t quite fit into. It made sense, in a way, but she struggled to wrap her head around the idea of leaving a place that was safe. The survivalist in her valued safety over everything, but she could remember a time when she was still a young child, before Kyros, when she was eager to see everything the world had to offer. It was easy for her to forget that her life had not always been shadows and fear, and that once upon a time she had been normal, and happy, and maybe even a bit mouthy.

"Very different. Before Sirius found me, I never knew that others could be so… kind. Where I came from, everyone looked out for themselves, and if you were the type that needed saving, there wasn’t much room for you." She used the word you in a general sense. It was clear that she was exactly that type, but she wasn’t trying to get overly personal. Delving into the dark details of her past didn’t seem like a great way to keep a friendly conversation going. "What was it like traveling here? Before you almost died in a blizzard, I mean." For her, her travels had been lonely and frightening, but she imagined that to some, such a journey might be an adventure. Exploring new places, unsure what you might find but eager to see what the next day might bring. She was asking a lot of questions, but there was a lot she didn’t know, and so far Hikrau seemed happy enough to answer them.

"Speech."