size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
01-20-2021, 09:44 PM

Naiche followed behind Asla his mind swirling in imagined visions of what Rue’s last moments would have been like, comparing those to the happy naïve wolf he remembered and desperately scrabbling for some form of acceptance to this.  Rue was gone so he could not run to her rescue, the enemy was dead so he could not rush to get revenge on her behalf, and even her grave was already buried.

Rue wasn’t family.  Rue wasn’t pack.  So as he followed Asla and then when he sat near her grave the cloaked wolf tried to grapple with what Rue had been that it was worth hurting himself over.  A student, a connection, and another loss.  One more dead body on the pile of those he had known and passed away.  Some warrior.  Were warriors supposed to get emotional over some wolf they’d only known a short while?

“You fool,” the words said to the grave, but the soft words had no conviction to them a gentle chide of the teacher to his dead pupil.  “Now you won’t get to chase the meat I was going to give you.” She would never get to taste the rabbit now.  Not rabbit nor bigger game, nor would she, well now she wouldn’t do a lot of things.

It hurt, but the longer he had the more time he had to build up some reserves of willpower to hole up the pain somewhere deeper inside.  It could hurt later but he wasn’t alone at the moment.  Not that it meant he was fully done here.  Pan had slid down and off the cloak in the meantime.  The little pangolin laid down next to the rocks, wrapping his tail about some of the pile as if it could wrap the tail around Rue in some fashion.

“We kept letting her live alone.  Idiots if we thought she’d be fine.” An exasperated exhale and realizing he’d just hit part of the pain.  “She was weak but, it was her fool parents who didn’t teach her.  She was trying to learn.  I’d had her chasing rabbits.  She was improving and I’d have had her learn to kill soon but…” Naiche grit his teeth.  “Damnit I’m so stupid.  She should have been brought into a pack for safety versus left on her own.”  Luck only lasted for so long.

Speech:"Live to fight" Think
[Image: WE5CTgt.png]