build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-28-2021, 08:01 AM
"Yes, of course - but there's plenty of time for preparations. And I'll be with you every step of the way." Theory knew she was no replacement for Shaye, but she hoped her sister could find comfort in their closeness for the time being. She'd felt the loss of a mother not once, but twice in her lifetime and it was more than any wolf should have to bear. There were no words to describe that pain. It was a deep, private ache; only her sisters could know how she felt, and even then their experiences were so different. Losing Shaye had been like tearing open a long-healed wound only to find that there was a bone-deep infection there that had never quite healed, rotting from the inside out. But she had to be strong for her sister, for the pack. That was the problem with wounds like that: if you never took the time to stop and assess the damage, it's impossible to completely heal.

"And I'll help you tell Rhyme, but I think he's got more experience raising kids than anyone else we know - so I think, all together, you're in perfectly capable paws." Theory smiled and nudged Poem's chin with her nose until her sister might lift her head to look into her eyes. "We'll all be here for you." Carefully she cleaned some of the tears from Poem's face. "How do you want to tell Sparhawk? Simply, or make it a grand gesture?" How did one announce a pregnancy? It was such a deeply personal thing. Although she was infinitely happy for her sister, Theory wondered if she'd ever find herself in the same scenario. She was perfectly happy to play the role of doting aunt and big sister, but mother didn't seem to suit her at all.