Nox Nightingale

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

01-28-2021, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 08:02 PM by Nox Nightingale.)
Question me? All of your doubt feeds my desire.
Nox felt a pang of remorse seeing the shift of demeanor. It was clear to her that he was having some sort of internal battle with himself. Every gesture, no matter how small, did not go unnoticed… At least not by her. Whatever he was going through affected him and he struggled to keep it hidden. Although, she was confused as to why. Did he think expressing his emotions were a weakness? Emotions could be compared to a caged animal. Fear and rumination would only deepen domestication. Either the animal would become depressed and cease to function, or it would lash out at the source of its confinement. She wondered which he was more prone to. He did not seem the type to take out his aggression on someone else, but even most well-mannered beings could lose control. He turned back toward her with something hot in his eyes. It did surprise her but for his sake, she went on pretending she hadn’t noticed. What he said after, was the missing piece that she had been searching for. He was young, inexperienced, and clearly a long way from home. On top of that, it seems he had strife with his family… Now who did that sound like?

That was not the only thing she noticed… We. Nox could not say she was surprised. She was well-aware that he was not being completely forward with her from the start. The real question that she wanted to know was why? What purpose did it serve to weave around the truth? She was no threat to him or whoever he was protecting. Amber eyes narrowed, peering so intently into him that she could practically see him prickle with discomfort. It was sort of amusing to watch him stumble over himself. Rather than draw attention to his mistake she carried on with the conversation. “I see. I am sorry to hear about your parents. I know how difficult that can be, I left home too after a…” Nox paused, choosing her words carefully. What really happened would not have brought him any comfort. “-disagreement. I was probably no older than you, maybe even a bit younger.” Her feelings about it had become less volatile over the years. After all, father got what he always deserved. Whenever she thought of him and his memory roused bitterness, she just remembered the fate he met. There was no longer a reason to hold onto the hate that accompanied thoughts of him. “I cannot say the feelings of resentment ever completely go away, but It does get easier, I promise.” Her eyes dipped toward the ground but only for a moment. Nox granted him a soft smile. She looked upward and studied the sky to gauge the time. How long had she been sitting there? Time seemed frozen for the while, but she was very aware that she was incapable of such powers. Soon, those that cared for her would begin to worry. “Unfortunately...” She said with a disappointed sigh. “I will have to go back soon before my companions start to worry.” It had been lovely, but she would rather not have to navigate back home in the dark… Or worse, have him come tromping after her like a madman. “Talking with you was pleasant, Quinn. I am sad to see it come to an end.” Stiffness had begun to settle in from sitting there so long. She slowly stood up and flexed each of her limbs, patiently waiting for him to rise too.

I'm gonna make my own empire.

Thanks to Bird for the table help!
Lupa is Nox's bodyguard and second-in-command. While she clearly does her own thing, he's usually not far behind unless instructed otherwise.

[Image: g1hkYWI.png]

Laying down my past I scream.

This is not the end of me.

Time to bury it or me.

I can't take back who I've been but this is where I'll start again.