Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Halloween 2020 - Haunted House
01-30-2021, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 05:32 PM by Mikko.)

"Not at all," the woman swiftly assured, but Mikko acknowledged it with little more than an, "Mm," and a dip of his snout. No doubt her response was genuine, but it was also all he needed to be sure of his place by the pool, which at the moment he cared much more about than any amount of companionship. So, satisfied with her words, he settled back in quite easily, turning his gaze lazily back to the water.

Until he spotted fresh movement, which he observed carefully, watching his glowing company settle under a broad-leafed palm. She took this opportunity to feel him out again, her voice carrying across the gentle sloshing of water to deliver him her name: Aurielle, Spirit of Valhalla. A fancy title meant to dress up the crown she wore. She was no real spirit, unless he was right that he was losing it, but instead an ambassador. (Equivalent experiences regarding his own kingship, by this point, seemed merely a string of fever dreams.) He blinked at her with his one eye, quietly tucking away this new information on the off-chance he might need it later. "As any queen should have the right to do," he agreed.

"Mikko. My...company and I"--he wasn't entirely sure what to call Shiba, but "friends" had a bad reputation of inheriting all his baggage--"are headed east, to her family. It'll be...nice, settling down again." Between his fallen legacy and the payment he owed to the Kleins, it would be a starkly different living situation from what he was used to, but then, Mikko had no real reason to complain. In fact, he was almost relieved; things were far more straightforward this way. As a follower, as someone bound to them solely by obligation rather than by love or blood. It gave him less to worry about, which, at least right now, was what he needed more than anything.

As he spoke, his gaze settled on the lemur that had come down from above, idly following its nimble fingers as they intertwined with the woman's fur.

"

table by Lowin art by kara
[Image: Mikko-Icon.png][Image: praxisicon.png][Image: sundaraicon.png][Image: NephIcon.png][Image: Karine-Icon.png]
Plot with me!

Mikko is a MATURE character. Discretion is advised.