Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth1K
02-14-2021, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 09:56 AM by Wendigo I.)
Wendigo Klein

Something strange and marvelous had happened. Wendigo was wandering along, minding his own business when all of a sudden the mountain farted little red bits and black smoke. It had been quite scary and was literally the best present he'd ever gotten in his whole entire life. There had been bits of fire falling all over, but try as he might he couldn't catch them. Each and every one turned grey before they hit the ground. Sure they were still hot and his paws had a couple good sized welts on them now, but heat wasn't fire. It wasn't the same. The game of catch was grand though and he'd spent many minutes racing over the mountainside trying to catch the hot bits.

Finally, exhausted and bored, Wendigo had wandered off. It was then he discovered the actual literal best present that blew the first one out of the water. He found a river of hot red goop. It bubbled up from a crack near the border and was chugging along in that direction. Wendigo had gone to it immediately and watched from a distance as the goo oozed on. He wasn't sure what to do with it at first so he did what any curious observer would do: he poked it with a stick. The stick caught fire and burned away immediately causing Wendigo to shriek in delight. From that point on he raced around hellbent on throwing everything light enough to lift into the river.

The different reactions were so good. Some things popped and sizzled, some seemed to squeal under the heat, and others were heavy enough to splash as though tossed into water. The ones that delighted him the most were the ones that caused a small jet of fire to shoot out. Whenever that happened (and blessedly, it was often) Wendigo squealed and wiggled in place, his joy apparent to any observer. This was just too good! Best day ever!

screams | actions | whispers