Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Mikko
02-22-2021, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 01:30 PM by Karine.)
high in the halls of the kings who are gone
the priestess would dance with her ghosts

The air had briefly fallen stagnant with their combined tension, amplifying what few words passed between them despite their respectively collected tones. Yet, by the moment, Karine could sense the breath returning to both their chests. His tail lowered slowly, and as he turned to face her, his movements were as fluid as her own. There was still a sort of apprehension in his eyes, but so long as the rest of him indicated docility, then she could tolerate what didn't.

Skull tilted downward at his question, though her eyes remained on him. "Chance," she said, warily but a little more amiably now that she'd made her point clear. Karine pondered her next words as she, too, turned to face the male completely, bearing before him scars and all. They were nearly identical in size, she noted. At least if it came down to it, she could be sure of her ability to hold her own, but as of now, she didn't see things moving in that direction. "I'm a stranger to this region...as well as those within it who hold land. In fact...I've only just learned of Valhalla through one of your own. Taliesyn, I believe was his name?"

She offered the name with a light tongue in hopes of convincing the male of her alibi. Karine allowed this information to sit with him for a moment before continuing, allowing herself to soften further into more of her usual warm stoicism--though, as of late, it also seemed to come tinged with exhaustion. "Please," she invited genuinely, nodding once more, "my name is Karine. Truly, there's much I'm seeking, but violence is not one of those things....I've already seen more than enough of it for a lifetime."

"

the ones she had lost and the ones she had found
and the ones who had loved her the most

table by Lowin art/character concept by Electra song by G.R.R.M.
[Image: Mikko-Icon.png][Image: praxisicon.png][Image: sundaraicon.png][Image: NephIcon.png][Image: Karine-Icon.png]
Plot with me!

Karine has scarring on her left face and shoulder. Not all her art depicts this.