size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Pride - Bisexual1KValentines 2020
03-12-2021, 01:14 AM

Her brother's offhand comment earned a gruff huff, the barest sampling of a chuckle. "Forgive me for assuming your alpha wouldn't want me to fraternize." She looked him over cooly. "And that you didn't care." Time after time Tyto had made himself scarce and she'd welcomed him back, worked to tear down his walls with small gestures, a bump of his shoulder, closing the gap when next to each other... and each time she saw him again those walls would be right back up. She would admit she hadn't exactly sought him out much, her own head alight with the drive to succeed but she'd never been the one to try and enforce a strict space be between them... that was all him. "I wouldn't have answered anyone else..." It was true, she wasn't keen to let anyone else near her right now, not even Ig would find it simple enough to call her name and have her appear, there was a brief moment of her defensiveness lowering, she needed someone in her corner now more than ever and she hoped, prayed he could do that for her. For the briefest of moments, she was the scared pup she'd been so long ago, thrown into a situation she could not grasp and clinging desperately to the only stable thing left in her life, her brother.

Still she was irked by his comment on her attitude, and up the walls went again, her expression growing hard once more. "My attitude? Sorry for not rolling over like everyone else I guess!" She stalked away, not turning her back on him but clearly putting more distance between them. "I'm fine thanks for asking." Her tone was sarcastic. She rolled her eyes at her brother's comments about their cousin.

"If he wants to have his kingdom of sticks so badly then let him, I have no intentions of stopping him. But I shouldn't have to be involved if I don't want to... though I guess if he wanted a pack with no drive then he got it and is doing a great job maintaining it, might as well make a few more wolves who don't want to be here prisoner just to make sure we're really hitting the quota of wolves who refuse to earn their keep." The family remark earned an actual laugh, just one, a hard barking noise of a laugh.

"Family? What family? Our mother was a lying manipulative bitch that only ever saw us as pawns in her weird little war against our father, who as it turns out was a shitty king incapable of paying attention to his own kids for more than two seconds to run off and make more, our siblings didn't fall that far from the tree, our grandfather was a psychopath, his brother is a coward who reared a whole line of cowards and our cousin?" She turned and moved towards Tyto then, her voice lowering. "You and I both know our cousin is unstable, he's a powder keg but the fuse is already lit and we have no way of knowing when he's going to explode, or what he'll ask of everyone else here... but I know for certain he'll try to drag us all down with him." She moved away then, turning her back on her brother, a final sign of her trust in him still, though her reindeer was clearly still watching him with narrowed eyes. "I don't believe in family, what good has it ever done us?"

"So I don't hate you Tyto, but I hate what you stand for, what you're standing for. A violent throwback to the blood that runs through our veins? You really think that's better than the alternative?" She paused and glanced over her shoulder at him, the wall slipping for the second time to show just how tired she truly was. "I'm tired of it, I don't want my legacy to be the anger and the hatred. I want family to mean more than just cursed fucking blood. I want it to be those that I can feel proud standing beside, that choose me. That won't throw me to the sharks. I'm tired of trying, of working, of giving all of myself to get nothing or worse to get what we've always been dealt: a shit hand!" She turned away again, she didn't want to see him anymore, it hurt to look at him. "If family is hatred to you, then we're not family."

"Speech"

Art by Zinderell
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.