gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Joe

03-20-2021, 12:21 AM

Cautious teal eyes watched the stranger from the moment he took notice of him to the moment he strode up. Fortunately, the stranger greeted him quite innocuously, and though his words were terse and his tone neutral, Milo didn't take the man for any sort of threat just yet. "Hello there," he greeted in reply, shooting the alabastrine brute a friendly smile that flashed pearly white teeth. Following the wolf's gaze to the vastness of the abandoned city, he nodded assent. "It is quite a disconcerting place, yes... But I'm far too interested to be turned away." Maintaining his friendly disposition, Milo bowed his head to the larger wolf. "A pleasure, Plague. My name is Milo Everec. Adventurer, scholar, and archaeologist!" Well, amateur archaeologist at best... but he didn't need to throw in that little caveat to his introductions.

Fighting back the shivers the cold wind was drawing from him, Milo glanced around at the ghost town once more. "I've never seen anything quite like this place before... Well, I mean, I've seen ruins like this before, but never any as vast as this place..." He fixed Plague with a curious gaze. "Do you happen to know anything about this place? Are you out exploring the ruins for science and study too, or merely out of boredom?" A sudden strong gale whipped up across the island, tousling both wolves' fur violently. Milo grit his teeth and winced against the wind; damn this unnaturally long winter! If the weather kept up like this, they'd need to find some decent shelter to hunker down in, and soon.

"If you're not otherwise occupied and have any interest in the matter, I could use some help scouting out some of the buildings," he said to Plague. "I'd like to take a look around in some, and having a wolf who's on the more..." He looked over Plague briefly. "...burly side could be helpful in case any predators have decided to make this place their home."

"Speech" | Thoughts