Basilisk I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
09-17-2013, 06:00 AM

Basilisk Saxe felt a strange yearning grow inside of him as he watched the youngster. It was not exactly a perversion, but instead a longing for such innocence. He had never been able to blindly trust strangers, and yet she did so with ease; it wasn't even just superficial trust, bu, she was entrusting him with ensuring her kingdom was safe. Sure it was not a real kingdom, but it was obvious the pile of sand and collection of various artifacts was rather important to her. The male wondered vaguely how it felt to stake a claim on something. He'd never felt entitled to anything in his life. Even his home had been ripped so cruelly from him, his father taken from this earth, his mother torn away from him by that bitch Zara...

A slight sneer had appeared on his features, curling his lip slightly in distaste as his mind wandered. Odette watched him, and his own vivid purple gaze strayed as in uncomfortable with remaining locked with hers for so long. Listening as she tested his name on her tongue, finding it pleasant -- albeit strange. Not many wolves spoke his name; it was a unique thing, to listen to it spoken from a stranger's lips. And a girl so young, no less. His expression faltered into something more confused. "Who are your parents?" He asked suddenly, wondering if he perhaps knew of them? Her scent was not entirely unfamiliar, and yet it lacked the familiarity he would've expected had he known her parents well.

"There's something about me, all right," he retorted, a low laugh escaping his throat. What was it, though? He was not so sure. "I won't hurt you, but you ought to be more careful around strangers." How easily he could lean down and tear out her soft throat. A near- instant, albeit painful death for the young girl.

A long pause followed, and he leaned back to rock on his haunches. "And how long do you plan to rule this Kingdom?"