Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
04-01-2021, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 08:59 AM by Ulric. Edited 1 time in total.)
Even if he had expected her to resist going to live in Abaven with her children, especially considering she hadn't done that from the very beginning, she still caught him off guard with her declaration of love. Her wanting to chose him over them made no sense in his mind and he could only look at her with disbelief and confusion when she said that was the case. He didn't feel like he was worthy of anyone wanting to pick him over anything else in their lives, but certainly not over her own children.

But when she told him that she loved him and not just that, but loved him more than Allegro or their children... He didn't move away from her when she began to close the distance between them, but he didn't move to embrace her either. He had to be the strong one. He always had to be the strong one. His moment of weakness had started the spiral into this situation and now he was going to have to be the one to stop it, no matter how much it hurt.

"Aranea, no... I can't... I can't let you do that," he told her, speaking softly as he continued to wrestle with his own pain. "Nothing should come above your children... Especially not me. If you truly don't want to go to Abaven, that's fine, but... I will not allow myself to continue being the reason that you aren't in their lives." He continued to struggle with his own emotions, the pain showing in his expression even as he looked away from her toward the floor. He wanted to be loved as much as anyone else, but he had to put aside his own feelings and emotions long enough to think about something other than himself - something other than her.

"It's not that I don't care about you," he admitted, letting himself pull his gaze back to hers. He knew he loved her in return, he just couldn't allow himself to say it out of fear of hurting her more than he already had. "I... I just have to draw a line." Ulric dipped his head, gently nosing at her cheek as his ears folded back with guilt. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you..."

Walk | "Talk" | think