An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
04-04-2021, 06:56 PM

As Balthier sat in the corner of the courtyard, he couldn't help but feel a little useless. Sitting here waiting for someone to notice him, perhaps that was a bit desperate. Still as those walked by, he felt social even when not being acknowledged. His mother was usually busy doing healer things, or he preferred his other siblings to spend time with her. He felt they needed it more than himself. And his father at least went out to help provide for them as visitors, it was only polite to do so especially while the winter was becoming deadly to all life.

The sound of chatting caught his attention more than anything, and he watched as a young girl nearly his age moved past him and across the court yard, talking to a bird who was perched on her shoulders. What he noticed more was the talk of juniper, or rather herbs and healing. And he took it as an opportunity to relate in conversation. He stood and maybe a little too eagerly at first starting to move towards her. His pace slowed as he grew closer, but now he was feeling stupid for doing so. Maybe he should have just stayed in the corner like a weirdo instead, he wasn't all that great with words anyway.

When he found himself before her, he was at a loss of words. But soon enough it would come out, "My mother's a healer." Was that... he didn't know what he was doing. Making friends was hard, in Abaven or here, it didn't matter. "Uh . . . My name's Balthier." Maybe that would have been a better start, but it was too late to turn back time now.

Walk "Talk" Think

Balthier can be rated a !M! mature character due to alcohol abuse.