build
Light
player
Vasilia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
04-10-2021, 08:19 PM

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone

It was just her luck that her absence had not only been noticed, but that her friend had come to search for her. She could hear his frantic voice call her name and stopped in her tracks, frozen to the spot. She hadn’t wanted to worry him, and while a small part of her had insisted he wouldn’t have cared, she knew better than that. He wasn’t like her mother, she knew that, and she knew that it wasn’t fair of her to behave as though he was. She let out a small sigh, turning to face him as he approached. Her gaze dropped to the ground as she let the bundle of lavender fall to her paws so she could speak.

She forced herself to meet his face, curling her lips into what she hoped was a smile, though even if she managed a halfway convincing smile, it didn’t reach her eyes. "Sorry, I just wanted to go for a walk and I didn’t want to bother you." If she hadn’t been feeling so strange about herself, she would have happily sought him out to ask him to accompany her, but she hadn’t been herself for a little while now.

"I hope I didn’t worry you too much..." Her gaze broke away from his again, and she looked down as if suddenly transfixed by the violet flowers laying in the snow. She poked at them and gently rolled the bundle beneath her paw, trying to push down the sense of shame that swept over her. It would be impossible for her to hide how upset she’d been, and she’d hoped she wouldn’t have to face him until she was more in control of those feelings again. She wasn’t sure she even knew how she felt, or why, but she imagined he would have questions and she owed it to him to try and explain the best she could.

"Speech" || Thoughts