gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-05-2013, 12:22 PM
The wishes I've made are too vicious to tell
The devil already he knows me so well
He didn't understand how she had made it without such a simple ability. It also made him wonder what she could do and couldn't do on her own. He didn't blame her, but that didn't make it any easier to understand. Still she would try and explain, telling him that her family was not here with her - that he understood. Being alone was probably the one thing that he could share with this strange female. And so he nodded, even though he hadn't asked the question that was on his mind in the first place. She was either sharp, or he was easy to read.

As for names, he tried to understand, but it was hard. When you rarely came across the same lupine more than once, was there really much of a reason to know someone's name? To remember it? He supposed in a family or society it was necessary because it differentiated one from another, but he and Sollie were alone. They had no need to know names, only read mannerisms and make sure that strangers were not threats to them. So far he didn't think that this woman was any danger to him - or anyone else really. Save for perhaps herself.

There seemed to be inquiry shining in her yellow eyes, and he blinked at her, halting for a moment in leading her to the closest piece of this valley's winding river. She didn't seem to want to play, but at the same time she did - she wasn't sure whether he would put up with her. "I don't think I would mind." There was little that really... upset him really. That certainly didn't make him seem serious - was he serious? The boy's ears twitched as he thought, his bi-colored gaze leaving the woman's visage for a moment. "I want to play something." 'Teach me.' Knowledge was never bad, right? And relieving stress was a good thing too.

Although he wasn't sure whether he was stressed.

Her laughter didn't fall on deaf ears, and he reacted to her giggle with a somewhat confused look of his own. What was so funny? The boy blinked at her, his lips twitching when he realized that she might just be laughing at him. He didn't like that... not in the least. "Would... a race count as a game?" His words were inquisitive and somewhat hesitant. Yet they were close enough to the river to smell it in the air - they could finish the last leg in a contest to see who would get there first.