size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
04-13-2021, 11:21 PM

At his mother's behest, Artorias followed Tamsyn over to the fireplace, taking a seat on the rug of furs and letting the heat of the flames warm the chill out of his bones. This unnatural winter had everyone feeling the effects of the weather, but he was grateful for the plentiful amount of firewood and heat they generated in the castle. He stared into the flickering and dancing flames, listening to the crackle of the wood as it burned, waiting for Tamsyn's response. She was quiet at first, and her silence was all the confirmation he needed to know that he wasn't the only one noticing a shift in Resin's demeanor. For a brief moment, Artorias wondered if perhaps he shouldn't have asked anything at all. He certainly didn't want to worry his mother over nothing, and he didn't want her to be upset with him for broaching a sensitive subject.

Tamsyn spoke after a minute, pressing him for more specifics. He pursed his lips and continued to stare into the fire, trying to decide where he should start. He could still vividly see the look in Resin's eye when she'd turned on him in the fight, baring deadly serrated teeth against him. The scariest part was the lack of any sort of control or familiarity in her eye until he'd yelled for her. "When the sabertooth tigers attacked... During the fighting, Mom turned on me. She went for me, but didn't actually hurt me. But..." He paused, brow furrowing as he recalled that lack of recognition on her face. "It was like she didn't know who I was... I thought maybe she just lashed out and I was too close, but she didn't seem out of control. It was like she saw me, acknowledged me, and still tried to attack me—like she didn't know who I was. When I yelled her name, she just looked confused. I don't think she actually knew where she was or what was going on.

"When she caught me with Briar, she had another... 'moment'..." Artorias didn't know what to call Resin's slips of consciousness, but "episodes" didn't feel right either. "She looked like she was having a migraine, and then she called me by someone else's name. It... wasn't a name I was familiar with though... Not like she called me Rudy or another pack member. She didn't correct herself either, she just... left..." He turned his eyes away from the fire then, looking back to his mother with storm clouds gathering in his fiery amber gaze. "I don't want to make a big deal out of something if it's nothing... but she sees to be... I don't know, losing herself...?" But the most concerning part to him? "She doesn't seem aware of it, and it's becoming more frequent."

"Speech" | Thoughts | ”Corbin"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.