size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
04-17-2021, 05:32 PM

All of Artorias' concerns around broaching this sensitive subject with his mother seemed to evaporate the instant she gave him a little smile and reassured him that he was right to come to her. He had been so worried about causing an unnecessary stir with his fears, but if anything, it felt validating that Tamsyn had some reservations of her own regarding Resin. She went on to explain that Resin had been planning to retire for some time and simply hadn't yet, offering that as the reason for her recent behavior. Artorias said nothing but nodded his head once. He knew at some point his mother would have to step down as alpha, but in his mind, that reality still seemed so far away. To hear it could be coming sooner rather than later just felt... wrong. Resin had always been the alpha; who else could hope to fill those paw prints? But he had to agree that if stress was the cause of all this, then perhaps stepping down wasn't such a terrible future to consider...

Tamsyn reassured him that everything would be okay and it drew a small smile to the boy's lips. His mother had a gift for making everything seem right with the world simply by being there when they needed her. Wordlessly, he leaned over to run his muzzle against the side of her neck and cheek in an affectionate nuzzle. "I know she will... She's got all of us, after all..." He withdrew with a heavy sigh and nodded again. Yes, his mother would be okay—she had to be, for all of them. "Thanks, Mom. I think I just needed to talk it out with someone and not keep it in..."

As he sat on the furs and stared into the fire, another thought that had been dwelling on his mind and heart reared its head, something he'd been wanting to ask Tamsyn for a few days now. He turned his head a fraction of an inch towards his mother again and asked, "Could I ask you a question, Mama...? It's about Briar Fatalis." Without waiting for her answer, he continued. "Ever since she left, I've just been... I dunno, thinking about her a lot, I guess...? I keep worrying if she's okay and how she's doing and if her family's all right." Artorias paused to collect his thoughts, trying to figure out how best to phrase the question lingering on his mind. "I guess what I'm trying to ask is, why can't I stop thinking about her...? It didn't used to be this way until she came back. I don't want to be worried all the time and I know she can take care of herself and she's safe at home with Sirius, but... still... I can't stop." It was a conundrum he couldn't shake himself free of. All day, during trainings and patrols, at dawn's first light and the moment he closed his eyes to sleep, he just thought about the deer girl back in Boreas. Was he really that obsessed with protecting her?

"Speech" | Thoughts | ”Corbin"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.