An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
04-21-2021, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2021, 09:17 AM by Gwynevere. Edited 1 time in total.)
She chuckled softly and shrugged when he mentioned that he didn't have a shorter name to go by. "That's alright. I like Balthier." The only reason she really had a nickname was because Gwynevere pretty easily shortened into Gwyn and because Gwynevere had been a lot of name to say when she was a very young pup. When he brought up the question of what there was to do around the castle she hummed thoughtfully for a moment. She didn't really think what she thought of as "fun" would really suit him that well, considering he had led this whole conversation with the fact that his mother was a healer and not himself. Considering that she thought running through drills of different kinds of herbs and their uses as "fun"... she didn't really know what he might like. However, when he added that he didn't really know where to go and wasn't good at making friends, she sympathized with the boy and immediately felt like she just had to take him under her wing - even though he really wasn't all that much younger than herself.

"We've been here for a while now, but not forever," she told him with a smile. "We used to live up in Boreas too and moved down here during the winter. As for stuff that would be fun..." she hummed again, glancing around the courtyard. "Well... How about I just show you around? Then maybe you can tell me what you're interested in!" Yes, that seemed like a good compromise. She nodded toward the greenhouse she had been walking toward and took a few steps in that direction. "This is our greenhouse. Mister Ulric and Miss Aranea built it... Miss Aranea is your mother, right?" She only made the assumption because she knew the guests that were in the castle had some kind of relation to the healer so she had to guess he was probably her son. She didn't linger on the question long though, soon adding, "There's not much planted in it yet though because the winter just keeps going on and on so we haven't been able to get any plants to put in there yet. But soon we can I hope!" It would definitely be nice to not have to go out exploring every single time she needed some basic herbs.

Turning her attention away from the green house, she led him across the courtyard to the big training area that stretched out in a rectangle across a section of the courtyard. The space was outlined with rocks and an old shed stood beside it. A couple of abandoned training dummies stood in the middle of the space, marking the spots where someone was last training. "This is the training grounds for fighting that Mister Ulric set up as well. I don't really use it, but most of my siblings do whenever the weather is good enough. Though I think Artorias might train inside mostly right now. There's a lot of big rooms in the castle that have plenty of space for that sort of thing." She felt a bit like she was just trying to fill the silence with words since she didn't know much about fighting and didn't much like it, but it was easier than just waving a paw at an empty space without having anything to say about it.

She paused for a moment, glancing in his direction again. "Maybe I can show you around inside a bit? There's a tower that gets you a really good view of everything, but it's really high up so there's a lot of stairs to climb," she warned, but she personally thought it was worth the effort if he was interested.

"Gwynevere" | "Eilwen"