so sing me a song and string me along

Silverback

gems
size
build
player
07-30-2013, 02:54 PM

~*~

And the owner of the canine scent did come. Bearing a question. It was a rather rude question, and one that Silverback had found herself becoming rather bored of, but it was refreshing to hear another creature with manners enough to realize as much. Silverback was on the verge of purring out an answer, but the second part of the stranger's speech hit her tufted ears.

"-never seen anyone like you."

Was that always the way it was going to be? For a heartbeat, Silverback had to swallow down a lump of bitter disappointment. Another creature who knew nothing of the existence of other leopards. Wonderful.

Such a strange mixture of amusement and indignation and pride and curiosity smoldered away in those grey-green eyes. For, don't you know? That is what makes a cat's eyes so unreadable; not that there is no emotion peeping through, but that there is too much and too many. And of course, unlike wolves, cats are very good at keeping eye contact when they wish. The cat that looked at a king and all that. And Silverback did wish to keep eye contact. This newcomer had purple eyes! Something she'd never seen. And in the grey halflight of the cave, the mutt stood out quiet perfectly - all white and fluffy, while Silverback, dappled and mixed as she was, could fade into the shadows at a moment's notice. But she didn't of course. She wanted the wolf to look into her eyes. Wanted to answer the question that had been put before her.

"Darling," she said with a hint of a rumble that could've been a chuckle, a growl or a purr. "I am a panthera uncia. A Snow Leopard, of the high mountain ranges.- Yes you can stare if you like, I'm real enough, and I seem to be one of a kind, now."

~*~