Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
04-25-2021, 06:50 AM

Tall, Dark, and Mysterious? His face scrunched, amused. Ah, yeah. That was a good one. It was her earnest thanks, however, that gave him inward pause once more, however. He turned to face her yet again. Not every wolf was an altruistic creature. Maybe Iarlaith was, on a good day. Today was one such day, if actions indicated anything. But she was asking questions. Questions he'd rather not answer. He contemplated for the barest second, but decided this one was much simpler than the truth:

"I like seeing the world." Sure. Why not side-quest for a while? "There's a lot of it to go around, so I figured: why not?" A hapless shrug. "And if I meet the occasional lost damsel along the way, I suppose it means I've seen a little more of it. And, uh…" he chuckled, "…the occasional misadventure isn't too bad." His eyes flicked in the direction their opponent had fled. "Though, I can't say I'd relish a rematch." His brow furrowed.

What if the brute came back? Iarlaith shook himself. Better he left this place. Better they both left this place. A hind leg rose to scratch at his ear, casual, relaxed, belaying his inner nerves. "Well, kid. Nice meeting you." He turned once more. There were tree roots he needed to curl up under and his own business he needed to mind… though, she was a nice kid, he thought. "Take care of yourself, huh? I might not be around to rush in and save you next time." That was how things went. He'd probably never see her again. She hadn't handled herself too badly, all things considered, and, he figured, neither had he.

"Speech"