An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
04-25-2021, 01:12 PM

A number of wolves trickled in, Fireside and pirate alike as well as a loner he wasn't familiar with. He nodded to Ares as well as the loner. He was happy to have an extra set of fangs for this hunt. "Thanks for coming everyone. I noticed a curious herbivore moving through the knolls. They're massive, easily bigger than a bison and if we can kill one we'd all be well fed. Not to mention this should just be fun. I hate to pass up the chance to at least try." Maybe something good and useful had come down out of the north and not just beasts that seemed pleased to invade and kill. The thing was, Álarr was not a trained hunter. He knew how to hunt of course but wasn't the most qualified. Still, he'd try to come up with a strategy and rely on his fellows to plan this endeavor.

"They're far to big to reach the throat, even with a leap. While some of our clawed members might be able to climb them their trunks seem flexible and capable of picking off pests. Ideally I'd like gravity to do some of the work but I'm not sure the best way to trip them. We could try running them out into the veteran's plateau where they'd be more likely to step on or trip on something.

"My other thought would be having our clawed members climb up and do as much damage as possible while the ground troops take care of the trunk and try not to get squished. What else? I need ideas. Hunting large game is a bit out of my realm of expertise."