size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
04-26-2021, 05:01 AM
He could feel her hesitation and the way she trembled as he got closer to her, she was frozen and he felt panic flow through him. Had he gone too far? She seemed to relax a little as he spoke about the flowers at her paws. Without any hesitation Cosette offered to give him the fragrant bunch of flowers. ”That’s very kind of you, but I’d rather share them with you.” He offered her in a deep whisper, gently nuzzling her shoulder in thanks. ”We could make some evening tea together.” Indy suggested further as he tread carefully forward. Indy wanted her to lead, he was scared to cross a line or take his affections too far.

Cosette was quiet for a long moment, and Indigo didn’t interrupt any further, he was a silent presence. He wanted to be here for her, he wasn’t entirely sure how besides quietly listening. She’d made her way into the world by herself, and his own inner anxieties flared as he wondered what he might have done to cause the distress that was so obvious in her stiff form. He was patient, and eventually she took in a deep breath before letting the words tumble from her lips.

She asked him questions but they seemed more rhetorical especially as she went on. Indy listened intently, dark ears perked forward and bright blue eyes lingered on her delicate features. Those ears would lay back against his skull as she told him how lucky she was but she couldn’t forget the wolves to come before him. She continued, explaining the cycle of her mind. From luck to guilt to fear. He tried to offer a word of reassurance as she went on, but nuzzled her shoulder instead. Indy wasn’t sure he could understand where she was coming from completely, he struggled with his own demons. They could be compared and considered similar enough that he could nod understandingly.

She spoke and bared her heart to him, her dark details lingering as she struggled through. Indigo’s expression remained understanding, but also serious as he spoke as her voice quieted. ”First, you won’t get rid of me until you send me away.” He assured her. He promised that he would care for her and he would never take that vow back. Indigo couldn’t help but offer his supportive affection again, nuzzling her shoulder. ”Second, I don’t think you’ve cheated death. I think it was fate or destiny, whatever you’d like to call it. Luck had nothing to do with it, I think you were meant to find me.” He told her softly, trying to assure her of his own thoughts.

”I… don’t know how to convince the feeling of wrongness to go away.” He whispered, feeling just as lost as Cosette did. He struggled very hard with his inner emotions but maybe trying to help the dainty girl he’d also help himself. ”But I’m here for you. I’ll do whatever I can.”

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.