Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
07-31-2013, 07:51 AM

Quietly the woman's eyes swept over the creatures that had begun to gather, taking in their faces eagerly. She had been rather distracted at her wedding, and hadn't caught the names of many of the Seracian members. She hoped now she could at least remember their faces a bit better, or ask Maverick who certain members were in the future. It was very different from being in Valhalla, surrounded by wolves she had known since the day of her birth, that she had grown up alongside.

As Gerhardt began to speak, she lifted her snout attentively. The news was likely to upset Maverick, even if he did not show it. As to support him, she pressed her side against his own, a silent gesture of her loyalty and devotion. The rain continued to fall, washing the filth and blood from the King's pelt and littering the dirt with an eerie shade of red. Her blue gaze strayed rather briefly before returning to her father-in-law's face. She remained composed as he explained the events that had unfolded, and it was obvious by her empty stare that she had seen the events unfold. The next bit of news was more surprising -- Gerhardt handed Maverick the throne then, perhaps a bit more soon than either of them had expected. No mention of herself was given, but she held her tongue and waited.

It was hardly a moment before Maverick began to speak, immediately naming her as Queen. She leaned to his ear ever so briefly as he paused, crooning lovingly, "Thank you." There was no hesitation as she pressed firmly into him; they were to rule as a pair, and she would accept no less -- she had been promised to rule someday, but she didn't give a damn unless Maverick was by her side. He continued on, naming his father Ambassador, a title she would've given him herself in an instant. Loccian also was given the title, and she nodded in agreement.

His next announcement elicited a wider smile from the new Queen. She was not bashful, persay, in Seracia, but her husband simply spoke everything she would've said -- and she was not at all ungrateful, for she felt vaguely muddled and unsure of herself lately, something quite uncharacteristic of the Adravendi woman. Maverick also announced that Bronze and Silent would be having a litter -- another pair of wolves she was unfamiliar with. And finally he announced that their children would receive their own rank, as deserved.

"I am more than happy to address any concerns as well, or speak to members privately if they so desire. I know I am relatively new to the Kingdom, but I can promise I will not disappoint you." She bowed her head briefly, her smile charming and natural as she gazed upon the wolves.