size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-05-2021, 05:00 PM

Artorias watched Ezra's movements, observing the way the larger boy moved and dodged his swings. It was clumsy and amateur, but it was getting the job done. He hadn't known what to expect from Ezra given that he hadn't seen him at many of the trainings, but the Adravendi wolf had a fire in him that could be stoked. After a few dodges though, Ezra got caught on his own feet and stumbled, and that was the fatal mistake. Artorias was unable to stop his swing in time to prevent the wooden blade from smacking hard into the other boy's shins, and while painful and would probably leave a welt, wouldn't cause any lasting damage.

Artorias paused and took a step back before settling back into a sit, posture firm and upright while he let Ezra recuperate from the attack. He didn't feel sorry; sometimes training hurt. His mother hadn't held back on him with his training, and he likewise wouldn't with his pupils—but he could be more empathetic. "You okay?" he asked, then raised a paw and pointed to where Ezra was standing. Artorias had managed to force him out of the ring with his own attempts to dodge the blue boy's assault. "Even if I hadn't chopped your legs off, you would've fallen out of the arena if this were a fight on the side of a cliff. Don't forget to pay attention to your surroundings and use them to your advantage when possible."

His lesson imparted, Artorias stood back up and moved back to the center of the ring, motioning for Ezra to join him. Once the dire boy had taken his position across from him, Artorias assumed his fighting stance, settling comfortably into position like it were more natural than standing. "Take what I've told you and put it into practice. Try to avoid getting hit, stay in the ring, and take me down," he said. There could be no mistaking the implication; this was about to be a spar. Art gave Ezra the grace of allowing the boy to assume his own fighting stance before he sprung into action, leaping right for Ezra with a twist of his head to bring his sword in another strike aimed for the his legs, intending to sweep his paws out from under the bigger wolf. He would not go easy on Ezra; the best way for him to learn was to treat every spar like it were a real fight with real stakes on the line. No blood would be deliberately shed, but there would be no holding back either. Artorias wanted Ezra to match him, and then both boys could become the guardians of the Hallows.

Artorias Sirius Carpathius vs Ezra Adravendi for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Wooden sword
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced leather cuirass
Companion 1: Common raven, Male - Flying
Skills: Master Fighter & Advanced Navigator
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

"Artorias" | Thoughts

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.