size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-06-2021, 11:36 PM

Ulric confirmed that Resin, her mother, was indeed here. The smoke and shadow fae smiled, the action lifting the corners of citrine pools. The smile detracted from her formerly stern, hard look. Eska had no problem smiling when there was reason to. Her entire demeanor visibly perked up, tail lifting to give a little swish as Ulric invited her into the territory. His warning of an explanation brought that smile to faltering, however.

As the pair moved side by side towards the giant, looming castle in the distance, Eska listened with rapt attention as Ulric explained the current state of her mother. Dark ears tucked backwards and sadness slammed into her chest like a knife. She'd come all this way only to watch her mother die? The fates were cruel things. What could she even say to such a thing? "My half sister... her father had a similar malady. He killed two of my half brothers in a fit of madness." There was no real reason to tell the man, but she had to say something. "I'm sure she thinks the same is happening to her."

"Ulric," the fae spoke his name softly, her steps slowing to a stop. "She doesn't know that I'm alive. We were separated in a landslide when I was a pup. My brothers were killed but I was found by a friend of the family." Eska was a little unsure of what to do, so she looked to the man for guidance since he so obviously knew her mother. "Would it be kinder to let her think that I had died rather than shock her with my sudden appearance?" And she wasn't the only one... another of her children was alive as well.

"Eska"