size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-07-2021, 08:39 PM

Artorias listened in silence while Briar explained how everything didn't feel real, a sentiment he could echo wholeheartedly. Nothing these past few weeks had felt real to him; more like a bad nightmare he just kept living. He remained quiet further while Briar told him how she hadn't been as close with her deceased mother or brother as the rest of her family, and lamented the loss of any chance to have a deeper relationship with them. Art's ears folded back while sorrow twisted his heart. He almost wanted to tell Briar she was lucky that she didn't have that close of a bond to sever in her heart. Losing Resin had felt like someone had torn open his chest and ripped his still beating heart out of his body. He wouldn't wish this kind of loss on anyone, and almost envied the Fatalis girl. Almost.

"I guess we never know what life is gonna do to us, huh...?" he remarked while they passed through the gates and into the castle courtyard. "I'm sorry this happened to you, Briar..." He led Briar through the courtyard and into the grand foyer, the down the east wing corridor where the guest rooms were. He knew she would be familiar with them by now, and had taken to making sure the room she usually occupied when she was here had been prepared to the fullest for her arrival. When they arrived at her room, Artorias pushed the wooden door open and stepped aside to allow her in first. The room had been cleaned and dressed with fresh furs on the old bed, a fire already crackling in the hearth to keep the bedroom nice and toasty.

Artorias stepped in behind Briar once she entered, lingering in the doorway while he just watched her with soft eyes and a touch of a smile on his face. Having Briar back in the Hallows felt right, like a piece of his life had been returned to him. All of his worries seemed to disappear when he was with her. He watched her for a few quiet, pensive moments, just following her movements with his eyes while he took all of her in, from the way her body moved when she walked to the way her fur shifted and rippled with her muscles, smooth and graceful. Briar really was a princess in every sense of the word, regal and magnificent, almost seraphic. This dark world didn't deserve to have such beauty in it. He would protect her with every fiber of his being if he had to.

"I don't think you need me to tell you to make yourself at home, but please do so," he said with a chuckle, leaning casually against the stone wall. "Help yourself to anything in the larders, feel free to roam to your heart's content. The Hallows is always open to you."

"Artorias" | Thoughts | "Corbin"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.