size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-09-2021, 08:11 AM

Descending into the dungeons was a quiet affair. The only sound was the rhythmic clicking of claws on stone as the pair of wolves went down the long set of stairs. Nervousness fluttered within the brindled fae's stomach. Would her mother remember? Would she be happy to see her or ashamed to be seen in such a state. As it turned out, neither would be the case.

The moment that Ulric stepped near the bars of the cell, violence and rage filled the place. It choked Eska with the sheer bloodthirsty brutality. That... was not her mother. It couldn't be her mother. Not after she'd traveled so far to find her. This salivating, bloodied beast... Its eye wasn't even wolflike. This was a demon in  her mother's skin. Ah, and the skin... Eska could see the ribs and spine of the imprisoned woman. Her mother was dying.

Eska moved into the space beside Ulric, taking a step forward to make the enraged woman focus on her instead. She hoped that something in the sight of her would trigger some sanity in the emaciated fae. Resin had pulled back and was pacing back and forth behind the bars like a mindless beast. There was no recognition in that cold, sulfur eye.

"I am Eska," she began, her voice a little softer than she'd planned. "Your daughter. My father is White Timber." At that, Resin's step faltered and her pelt bristled.

-"Dead. They're all dead. You aren't mine." The words were spoken on a low, icy growl.

Eska took another step forward. "Balaa found me after the landslide. She raised me. I've been looking for you for years." Please, she silently pleaded. Please recognize me.

"Dead, dead, dead, dead and rotting, dead and buried, dead, bones, DEAD!"

Whatever had caused the woman to slow and contemplate had drifted away on the wind. She was lost. There was nothing there of her mother. A grimace formed on Eska's face as Resin began thrashing against the bars once again, wailing and demanding that they let her out. A drop of bloodied spittle landed on Eska's muzzle and it was enough. Turning, golden eyes met silver for a moment before she began to ascend the stairs. "I'm sorry," she whispered over her shoulder. She couldn't see that anymore. Not after so long. A little piece of Eska snapped off. An end to her journey. A bad end.

"Eska"