An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
05-10-2021, 12:35 AM

Briar scoffed softly at his comment about not knowing what life is going to throw at them. That might be the biggest understatement ever considering how everything had been going for them lately. It felt like almost overnight everything had gone from fine and normal to everything just crashing down around them both. She was just glad she had her friend to turn to in all of this, just as he could turn to her. She smiled softly at his condolences, giving a small nod. "Same to you..." Even among all the heartbreak and turmoil, she hadn't forgotten what his family continued to struggle though. Nothing had seemed to go their way lately and she could only hope that with the seasons finally beginning to change that might mean that there was some more joy to be had on the horizon.

She walked with him down to the wing of guest rooms, the path familiar to her after visiting a couple of times now. She naturally gravitated toward the room that she had stayed in each time and when Artorias pushed the door open she looked inside and saw that the room had obviously been cleaned and straightened up and that the fireplace was already crackling with a fire. She blinked with surprise as she walked into the room, looking around with a small smile. It almost made her feel guilty about taking so long to come see him since she was sure he had prepared all this the day Corbin came to tell her to visit, but she supposed it couldn't be helped. Her own fear had kept her away - something that she wasn't really ready to admit. When she turned back toward Artorias she saw him watching her with this look on his face that she couldn't quite place, but it made her smile all the same, her stomach doing an odd little flip.

She chuckled softly when he instructed her to make herself at home, the same as he always did whenever she came to visit. The Hallows was beginning to feel as much her home as the Armada did and she knew that as long as Artorias wanted to remain her friend she'd only be splitting her time more and more. She liked being in the castle and she liked the landscape of Auster far more than Boreas, but mostly she just liked being around Blue Boy. "You know I will," she replied as she padded back toward where he remained leaning against the doorframe. "Thank you," she told him again, a warm smile on her features. "I hope you don't get sick of me any time soon. I might just move in," she joked, though she wondered how long that would remain a joke and when it might start becoming a promise.

"Briar" | "Marigold"