An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
05-10-2021, 03:15 AM

He supposed it didn’t matter now that Mortis had dropped out of the running for Heir. Without Azure to compete with, what was the point? Asla was Reaper, and she had taken charge while their father was figuring things out. She was a better fit for the role then he would ever be.

“No… It’s not. I’m the oldest, I was supposed to be his heir, and his wonder child, but he got stuck with me instead.” That sounded too much like whining. His family was a twisted mess at the moment. He had… no idea where his future lay now. It barely seemed to matter at the moment. He thought of the hole Hana had left in him. He still hadn’t figured out how to fill that one yet either.

Art was quiet for a moment, and Mortis didn’t feel the need to fill it. He looked up at the rain too. He didn’t have the shield of his wing, and it dribbled in his eyes and down his face. He was soaked already, so it didn’t make him any more wet.

“Will I?” he asked Artorias, the words unexpectedly hurting him. “Will I?” he asked again. “He threw me off a cliff and broke my leg. He hated me. I just wanted to be him, and he hated me. He wasn’t the easiest wolf to love, but I did it anyway. If I have just his memories, would I eventually forget that I loved him?” The cliff instance had always been one big secret, but it didn’t matter now. “I don’t know. I never wanted to be what my father wanted me to be, I was never Azure, and I don’t want to try and fill his shoes. I don’t know if I have a place there anymore, not without my Ma.”

"Speech"