Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
05-10-2021, 12:42 PM
Ulric cringed and his gaze shifted to the floor when Resin flung herself at the bars, remaining where he stood for Eska’s sake. Seeing Resin like this was always painful for him, but he could only imagine how difficult this was for her long lost daughter. He wouldn’t look at the former Aegis again, but he would lift his gaze to look at Eska as she stepped up beside him to attempt speaking to this wolf that at one point had been the Resin they loved.

Guilt twisted in his gut as he watched Eska tried to introduce herself and prove and reason how she was truly Resin’s daughter while Resin only continued to violently assert that Eska couldn’t have been hers. She was supposed to be dead. To have this be the greeting she received after years of searching... Her eyes met his for a moment and he knew they were done here. He didn’t hesitate to follow her as she fled up the stairs, shaking his head to her when she apologized. She had no reason to be sorry - if anything he should be the one apologizing.

Once they were up at the top of the stairs he closed the door behind them, shutting out the raging wolf below. He sighed heavily as he turned to face her with a guilting, apologetic glance. “I’m sorry you had to see her like that,” he told her quietly, resisting his natural instinct to reach out and pull her into an embrace. She was still a stranger to him. No matter how much he always wanted to comfort and protect those around him he knew it wasn’t appropriate to do something like that. “I should have insisted on her being sedated or told you not to see her. I was hopeful that she might have a good day, but it seems the good days are gone.” He frowned, glancing toward the ground between them. “I wish you could have seen her as I knew her. She was the best mentor I could have asked for. And built this pack from nothing.”

Ulric Adravendi