size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
05-16-2021, 07:43 PM
Even through the deep darkness that grabbed a hold of him Duchess could see through it to the small uncertain soul within. As he looked away, horrified, she was right there. She pressed her forehead against his own, a sign of the emotions that they shared. Of the trust that she had in him. Guilt rekindled in his chest, and struck him hard as she spoke again. She trusted him to protect both of them to keep Gypsy and herself safe from the terrors they’d once faced. He squeezed his eyes and jaw shut, overwhelming himself.

A soft whine escaped him then, evidence of the difficulties he struggled through while at the same time he pulled Duchess closer. Indigo pressed her against his chest and lowered the both of them into the sand. He curled around her, tears pricking at his eyes as the day crashed down on him like the waves at their paws. ”Duchess,” he spoke through his clamped jaw, the empty feeling within was replaced by hopelessness.

”I have to tell you.” Would she feel the same once she knew about Rue? What would she say if he told her about where his true feelings lay. How she could never have his heart because it belonged to someone else? Would she leave him alone? ”My friend, Rue.” He started softly, burning his features in Duch’s dark fur. ”I couldn’t protect her. I promised to keep her safe and…” He hadn’t kept his promise. She was ripped to pieces while still alive, her screams still haunted him everyday. ”I was too late to save her.” He knew his tears were wetting her fur now, but Indigo couldn’t pull away. He clung to her like his life depended on her closeness while he struggled with his second secret.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.