size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
05-16-2021, 07:49 PM
He couldn’t look at her, but he still held on tightly. His head rested over hers, and they spoke in hushed whispers there on the beach. Duchess didn’t try to find his gaze, and she struggled with her words just as much as he did. Indigo felt like he was torn in pieces as he tried to keep himself together as they spoke, forming his own words as he listened to her soft voice. The way she spoke about him melted away so much of the anxiety he was trapped by. Even through all of the emotion he was surprised to feel relief win out over them all. He hadn’t failed completely, she wasn’t willing to say yet that she loved him. Maybe.. Maybe he’d spared them. His paws caressed the back of her neck as he tried to dissipate his own nervous energy and comfort her at the same time.

He sighed heavily as she went on, worried about the short amount of time they had been together. She hadn’t said it, but she had shown him everything but. In the way she saw him, held onto him, and depended on him. The same way he depended on her. He squeezed his eyes shut as he went on. Not wanting to let her go but he was ready to loosen her grin if she tried to get away from him.

”What if.” It wasn’t a what if it was reality and he knew it. ”What if I loved someone, I loved them so much but I… I couldn’t be with her. Then I found… you. And I could cope. I could handle being without… her. Because of you, the hole in my chest doesn’t ache quite so bad.” His words came slow and terribly as he explained, poorly. He didn’t know what Duchess would think but he knew he couldn’t let go of her.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.