gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

05-23-2021, 11:06 PM

He shot Tamsyn another sheepish grin when he realized he had startled her with his howling. Yeeeah, he probably should have given her some sort of heads up beforehand now that he thought about it. Oops. Well, thankfully she didn't seem taken aback by it, more bewildered by him than anything, and probably thinking he was more ridiculous than ever. His grin turned to a warm smile when she reached up to kiss his cheek, making him hum happily under his breath before seeking out her gorgeous mint eyes again, the two of them spending several long moments just looking into one another's souls. A pang of guilt hit his heart; he didn't want to feel like he was taking advantage of a grieving widow's emotional vulnerability, no matter how beautiful she was, both inside and out. Were they getting too comfortable too fast? Their meeting had certainly been a supernova of extreme emotional purge, but did that set the tone for the rest of their relationship, or was it a fleeting moment of weakness?

Kane gave a thoughtful hum as he considered Tamsyn's response. She was so laidback, so easygoing, and so easy to connect with. Maybe that was why he kept getting lost in her presence, in her spirit, in her being. She tilted her head and asked him about his howling, and Kane's ears bent backward in bashfulness. "Ah, yeah," he admitted, then went on to explain, "My tribe—my pack—we always try to stay connected to the earth, to the sun, the stars, the moon, and the universe. All living things are made of the same universal energy, which is why we are all connected in the grand scheme of life. We have the same beginning and the same end, and it's a cycle that never ends, as eternal as the earth, moon, stars, and sun." He blinked a couple of times, suddenly aware that he was rambling a bit. "That's our beliefs, at least. I know every wolf has their own thoughts on life and creation and death and afterlives... But we're much more simple. All a part of a universal energy that breaks off to create life. That is why we sing our praise to the moon and stars, to thank the universe for giving us life and to let it know we are still here." He rolled his shoulders in a little shrug. "That's a very basic simplification of my beliefs though. It's a little more elaborate, but I don't wanna bore you or preach to you."

Tamsyn then asked about Tiva's full name, and wondered if it had to go along with their love of the natural world. Kane gave a short chuckle and shook his head, locking gazes with her again with a charming smile, bearing every tooth and saber fangs. "Good guess! It's a lot more simple than that, actually. My tribe did not believe in the creation of families or sects. Since we all come from the same universe and our souls are all connected, we felt it divided us, so the tribe was the family, from the eldest to the youngest, regardless of blood relation. Our first names are the names given to us by our parents, but our surnames are based on the places we were born." He shifted on the grass to better face Tamsyn, wanting to take in all of her while he explained his pack's traditions and his past to her. "You remember how I said we were a nomadic pack? Well, that's how we all got different surnames. Wherever the pups are born is where the universe chose for them to enter the world, and we remember it through our names. Tiva and her littermates were born in a vast meadowland, hence Tiva of the Meadows. My mother was Pavati of the Sea and my father was Nuka of the Canyon.

"The faes in my tribe were all obsessed with getting the perfect names for their pups, so you'd see them all try to plan when they'd want to get pregnant when we plotted out where our travels would take us. Naturally, faes who wanted to have strong names for boys would wait until we traveled through places like mountains or ridges to start breeding, and likewise those that wanted sweeter sounding ones for daughters would try to aim for births around fields and coasts." A cheeky grin took over his face as he snickered. "It's not a perfect science, of course, and they never know if they'll have sons or daughters, so sometimes you get the unfortunate boys getting names like 'of the Flowers' or the daintiest little girls called 'of the Caverns'." Giving Tamsyn a proud smirk, he raised a paw to his chest. "You're lying next to Kaneonuskatew of the River. Take a guess where I was born."

"Kane"

As his mate, Tamsyn may enter his threads not marked as Private.