size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
05-29-2021, 04:58 PM
Emersyn muttered a short apology for causing him distress, but it wasn’t like she hadn’t said anything that wasn’t true. The coughing was painful, but maybe he deserved it anyway. Did he have a type? If he was honest to himself yes, he found all of the wolves that came to him attractive. They were beautiful but beyond that underneath they were broken, they needed someone to help lift them from the dregs they were pulled down in. Indigo had much more desire to help and heal than he did to love and… other things. Duchess needed his physical affection more than Segin or Gypsy, she had asked him for help there.

His own shortcomings were harder to think about when he had Emersyn caressing the thick fur of his mane, her gentle rhythmic motions lulled him into a sense of relaxation. His belly ached, the wounds were intense and he had a lot of recovery to go, but he could mostly ignore his wounds with the dusty lavender woman’s innocent affection. If she didn’t speak again Indigo might have fallen back asleep, as it was his eyes remained closed and his body was still. Even as she spoke and stroked his man Indigo did not stir, he could hear the tumult in her voice. Indy didn’t have to make many guesses in connecting the dots to know that Emersyn had endured a rough life. Unable to think much past the present moment, hunters chasing her, fighting to the death to retrieve her. Indigo didn’t know anything about her past but he knew she needed more than her paws healed.

She apologized then, for the state he’d wound up in for her. That was when he finally stirred, lifting himself to his elbows and trying to force her gaze. ”Don't apologize. You couldn’t do anything to stop me.” He told her plainly. ”We both did all that we could. We’re both alive, I’d pay the price again if I had to.” And more. Much like Emersyn he didn’t vocally express the willing sacrifice of his life in his pursuit. Then the effort was too much and his head fell back to his paws again. His mind didn’t quiet though. ”What are you going to do next?” Indigo rumbled softly as his blue eyes softened and returned to her hardened features.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.