gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Mateo
06-05-2021, 01:40 PM

As I spoke, I didn't really keep tabs on the minute changes in this Alpha's demeanor. He was silent and therefore I took that as he was listening, at least enough to get the gist of what I was describing. Maybe I was mistaken.
"Speak plainly, Ciel,"
My head tilted responsively to his command.
"It's far too late... or early at this point... to be skirting around things like this."
I...could have sworn I had already said what I was here for. Maybe this guy really should get some sleep if he wasn't able to keep up with a conversation. I cleared my throat and eyed him a bit closer now.
"I'm here for a healer."
I said, flicking my ears back as I felt a slight irritation starting to build up in my chest. I knew that I spoke a lot, but I also didn't like repeating myself. His body looked like it had deflated marginally from earlier. Was it something I said? I blinked a few times, quickly flicking my gaze from his head to his paws and back. Something inside made me feel like I should give this guy the benefit of the doubt. I mean, I could have waited outside the pack lands until morning.

"I know it's early."
My weight shifted as I fell into a sit.
"I didn't expect to find someone until the morning..."
My voice trailed off. There was nothing to apologize for, but I couldn't shake this weird mix of agitation and empathy. The conflicting emotions were making it hard to stay still yet my paws stayed planted against the earth, claws rooted down deep to hold myself steady as I waited for the gears in his mind to start churning.

"Speech"