Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-06-2021, 05:52 PM

"Eska"

Rudyard offered to tell her stories of the woman that bore her and Eska's brow furrowed for a moment. " I'm not sure." The brindled fae raised her gaze from the partially consumed bird and looked towards the water before her. "I haven't known her my whole life. Self preservation tells me that I should be glad that I don't know her, what with her current state being like it is." Was it selfish of her to avoid the woman in the dungeon? Was it selfish to guard her heart?

Suddenly, Eska's appetite fled. Looking down at the bird again, she took one paw and pushed it into the water, watching as the liquid consumed the avian and took it downstream. Eska didn't see it as cowardice. She lacked the strong emotion that others seemed to have and in that sense, was more like her mother than she knew. This boy though... he knew that his mother was trapped below ground. He knew that she didn't have much time left. He would suffer while she would not. So, after a short while, a sigh ghosted past blackened lips. "Tell me about her." Perhaps, if anything, it would be cathartic for the boy. For Eska... it would just rub in all that she had missed.