gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze Participant
06-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Ezra was right there even as she fell back onto her little bottom. His concern was obvious even if she couldn’t quite focus on his expression. ”Yeah,” she tried to assure him that she was indeed alright. She just needed to lay down, maybe get some water. That was the problem though, how was she going to be useful and lessen her burden when she was so sick. Azariah hit that point and she left her, so that meant anyone who loved her could choose to leave. Especially if all she could do was continue to take. Ezra’s guilty voice tried to encourage her as he took the blame on himself, but that just made her cry more.

”That’s the point though, Ezra. I should be able to do this with you.” Frustration, anger, and nausea, it all rose in her belly. ”Why am I still so sick, why can’t I be normal, and able to.. to..” She lost her breath as she passionately tried to prove her point, but she was just pushing herself over the edge. There wasn’t anything Ezra could do but scoop her up and try to soothe her as much as he could as he carried her home. She closed her eyes and shamefully let him carry her back to her comfy little room where she would continue to try and recover. When would she recover though? How much of her life would she waste here in these chambers?

She did eventually catch her breath as Ezra tried to suggest next time they work in the greenhouse. ”Yeah,” she agreed softly, but she didn’t feel the enthusiasm, not when even Ezra was sure she was as delicate as she felt. Eventually he let her settle into the furs of her bed and asked if she needed anything. ”Maybe some water.” If he was offering. ”Gwyn might want to know.” She said as an afterthought, but it was better if Ezra told her anyway, Lil would have just gotten too emotional to really talk about it anyway.