Intermediate Intellectual (45)

gems
size
Large species
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-17-2021, 12:44 AM

The stallion’s head dipped in a friendly bow as the woman, Karine, introduced herself. It was clear she was of a sharp, curious mind, and his ears flicked forward to catch her query, hind hooves shifting to rest as he considered the wolf. Did she mean the continent, or the pack?

After a beat he chose to answer with both. Nodding to the lands behind him, he rumbled, “The lands behind this wall are claimed by a pack called Valhalla, as I’ve said. They’re generally friendly, and honorable, and our Spirit – or Queen – and her family are deeply rooted in this land’s history. To be honest, I could think of no other place I would want to call a permanent home.”

His tone was honest, not a trace of doubt in the inflections or voice. Aurielle could have laughed her head off when he’d come, wishing to try his hoof at joining a wolf pack, as a horse. Instead, she’d welcomed him, seen the potential in his horn and hooves, and the proof of his strengths in the offering he’d brought. And the pack had treated him with respect, even if the initial response had been surprise at seeing a huge horse that glowed much like their alpha, and bore a horn.

“There’s a pack north of here, or there was one, called Lirim. Far north, from what I’ve learned, there is a pack called Winterfell, but we haven’t heard from them in the time since I joined Valhalla. There’s a neighboring pack on our eastern border here called Aerie. From what I’ve been told, they are mercenaries of sorts.”

His horned head tipped slightly in thought as he considered the expanse of the continent from his travels. Though he’d been nomadic until coming to the pack, he’d not explored too deeply.

“Does that help?”

His teal eyes crinkled in faint humor as he regarded the woman, tail flicking lazily over one hip.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think