size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-21-2021, 06:40 AM
He wouldn’t let her go for as long as she would allow him to hills he there in the quiet bedroom on her collection of soft furs. Indigo had been alone with her before, but this was sweeter and quieter. Holding onto her like this he truly felt her comfort and support, they were close and they were bearing their hearts. It was easy to feel like their relationship was truly taking leaps and bounds. She knew his deepest secrets and what caused him the most pain. He was given a glimpse into her history and the terrible life that she had suffered. They were closer now than when he had found her outside the door only a little while before. In more ways than knowing their histories. She was still tense, he could feel the way her body rejected his affections, but she didn’t resist. Emersyn didn’t struggle and she didn’t try to get away from him. Indigo would release her at a moments notice of discomfort but right now she felt perfect against his chest.

”I know, but I want you to know how grateful I am.” She was no stranger anymore. They revealed each other’s pasts and knew each other better for it. He could feel how much she cared about him just from the simple yet profound affections she offered. He felt the same way. He knew she was making progress recovering in the way she held onto him, he could feel her dark paws curl into the thick fur on his chest and she buried her features into his mane like he could hide her from all of the world’s problems. For a few moments or for tonight, it was just the two of them. Nothing could harm them and nothing could disturb them.

He held her gently, tracing one huge paws down the back of her neck as he clung to her like his life depended on it. The black hole of his heart spun, swirled, and sucked the life from him. Only the wonderful wolves he was building his own family from kept him from spiraling down the drain that ripped at his spirit. ”Thank you for bringing me back to life,” the words were familiar. Segin and Gypsy both were on death’s door, much like Emersyn when they met. She would be dead by now if he hadn’t come across her at the exact right time. How much of the credit was owed to him though? He had only really seen one option when the hunter came for her. Indigo couldn’t have lived with himself if he had watched her die.

”You don’t have to thank me.” He echoed her own words back to her, but he carefully nuzzled against her ear, he knew she was thankful, just as he was to her. ”Just seeing you smile…” after everything she had been forced through. ”That makes it all worth it.” The pain, the recovery, everything. Just being able to have her here in his arms, and having seen her grin. He’d take on hundreds more hunters for her, just to enjoy her smile. ”Can I stay here with you tonight?” He asked her hesitantly, a soft whisper as he kept his muzzle by her ear and held her tightly in his embrace.

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.